- Ciudad: Vernon
- Estado: California
- Correo Electrónico: email@example.com
Who We Are: Reformation is a mission based company that is fast-growing and is redefining fashion. We make killer clothes that don’t kill the environment and want our garments’ impact on the planet to be as low as possible. After all, there’s nothing less sexy than leaving a big nasty mess.
Purpose: The Finishing Supervisor is responsible for supervising the Trimming, Pressing and Packaging teams to coordinate the activities of the teams, including the training of the operators and the proper maintenance of the finishing equipment and tools to meet the standards of highest quality and production of the company.
•Monitor the activities of the finishing team to maximize productivity in the department
• Responsible for safety throughout the production plant, including immediate notification of injuries or accidents
• Direct, orient, train and manage the finished employees
• Analyze and solve work problems, and / or help workers solve work problems
• Accurately distributes complete parts to the finishing team
• Responsible for developing and maintaining a high level of morale and dedication to a quality product
• Monitor and manage employee problems; late arrivals, unproductive behaviors, quality issues, violations of company procedures or policies; Partnering with HR for solutions or guidance will be necessary
• Track and record the daily hours worked for each team member and approve them daily in the payroll system
• Organize work to meet weekly deadlines and priority requests
• Communicate job expectations, monitor progress, evaluate results, and solve problems
• Records units that are completed every day
• Maintain workflow by scheduling and assigning staff to achieve job results and meet deadlines.
• You must make sure to shut down machinery at the end of the day.
• Additional tasks may be assigned
Education and experience:
• High school diploma (or GED or High School equivalency certificate)
• Minimum of 3 or more years of experience in supervising sewing activities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) to a variety of audiences
• Ability to train and motivate employees for productivity
• Ability to multitask and re-prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Must be detail oriented and well organized
• Must have reasonable knowledge of sewing.
• Must know how to handle tools such as pallet jack
• Must be punctual and reliable
• Must enjoy working in a team environment
• Bilingual: Spanish and English
• Computer knowledge
Essential Physical Skills: Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. for short to long distances. Perform frequent repetitive finger, hand, and wrist movements, standing / walking for long periods of time, as well as sitting, bending, kneeling, stretching, bending, squatting, pulling, and pushing. Able to travel across a variety of surfaces (stairs, ramps, uneven terrain).
• Inside, environmentally controlled temperature